Prep 1 min
Cook 4 mins
This is a very simple recipe for pancakes that are perfect if you are watching your carbs and calories! Even though you only need 2 basic ingredients (oatmeal and egg substitute), this recipe can be changed to suite your taste...add sweetener, spices, fruit or nuts for lots of healthy variety!
- 4 ounces egg substitute (equivalent to 2 large eggs)
- 1⁄4 cup old-fashioned oatmeal, dry
- 1 package Splenda sugar substitute (optional)
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional)
- 2 tablespoons blueberries or 2 tablespoons chopped apples or 2 tablespoons pecans or 2 tablespoons walnuts, your choice,to taste
- Blend egg substitute and oatmeal (and optional sweetener and spices) until smooth.
- Add optional fruit and/or nuts and stir gently.
- Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray on medium heat.
- Pour mixture into skillet and cook as you would any pancake.
- Flip and brown the other side.
- Serve with butter spray and no-sugar syrup, if desired.
These were decent. I used 4 egg whites as I have always been told that 2 egg whites are the equivalent of 1 egg. I added a sprinkling of splenda and 1 ripe strawberry. It made them very pink and pretty. They were also very very thin. I wonder how they would be with more oatmeal? They looked like pancakes but tasted very eggy. They were not bad, just simply more eggy then pancake-y. Fine with a little sugar free maple syrup and a glass of skim milk for breakfast.