Recipe by CinLin
This is a very simple recipe for pancakes that are perfect if you are watching your carbs and calories! Even though you only need 2 basic ingredients (oatmeal and egg substitute), this recipe can be changed to suite your taste...add sweetener, spices, fruit or nuts for lots of healthy variety!
Top Review by ladypit
These were decent. I used 4 egg whites as I have always been told that 2 egg whites are the equivalent of 1 egg. I added a sprinkling of splenda and 1 ripe strawberry. It made them very pink and pretty. They were also very very thin. I wonder how they would be with more oatmeal? They looked like pancakes but tasted very eggy. They were not bad, just simply more eggy then pancake-y. Fine with a little sugar free maple syrup and a glass of skim milk for breakfast.
- 4 ounces egg substitute (equivalent to 2 large eggs)
- 1⁄4 cup old-fashioned oatmeal, dry
- 1 package Splenda sugar substitute (optional)
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional)
- 2 tablespoons blueberries or 2 tablespoons chopped apples or 2 tablespoons pecans or 2 tablespoons walnuts, your choice,to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend egg substitute and oatmeal (and optional sweetener and spices) until smooth.
- Add optional fruit and/or nuts and stir gently.
- Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray on medium heat.
- Pour mixture into skillet and cook as you would any pancake.
- Flip and brown the other side.
- Serve with butter spray and no-sugar syrup, if desired.