1/1 Photo of Healthy Caramel Apple Muffins
I Can't Believe It's Healthy's Note:
These moist, delicious muffins will be the highlight of the lunch box! NOTE: This recipe has been tried and altered since the last review so some measurements and techniques the reviewer listed are no longer applicable =] The chopped caramels are optional but really add to the flavours!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 5 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 1/2 tablespoons caramel topping
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup oat bran
- 6 tablespoons flax seeds (ground)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely chopped apples (bitter)
- 1/2 cup chopped soft caramel, rolled in flour to prevent sticking together
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, beat oil, apple sauce, sour cream, sugar, and caramel topping until well blended. Mix in egg whites (can be subbed for 1 egg+one white) until the mixture thickens slightly.
- 3Mix flours, oat bran, flax seed, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt in a small bowl.
- 4Add dry mixture to wet and stir just until blended. Gently fold in apples and optional chopped caramels into batter.
- 5Evenly distribute the batter into muffin cups that have been coated well with cooking spray. Sprinkle tops with additional brown sugar.
- 6Bake for about 13-17 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Caramel Apple Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.1
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 159.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: