Recipe by Mille®
Human's question: "Polly wanna cracker?" - Polly's answer: "No, you can keep your silly crackers, I'll have these instead!"
Top Review by Terri F.
Wow! These are better than the peanuts I steal from the jar on the table! I scarfed down 2 pieces before they were even cool... but then I like warm food! This morning I had a piece with my morning coffee (which my human always thinks is hers), and I dunked a few crumbs too! Pure bliss! My human put apple bits and apple sauce in these, along with chopped peanuts and shelled sunflower seeds. All my favorite things. Thanks for giving my human this recipe, Miller... it sure beats those crummy egg bikkies she buys at the store! Tucker (Birdbutt) F.
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 3 (6 ounce) jars fruit baby food or 3 (6 ounce) jars vegetable baby food, any combination
- minced fruit (optional)
- vegetables (optional)
- nuts (whatever your bird's favorite is) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heavily grease one 9"x13" cake pan.
- Mix all dry ingredients together well in large bowl.
- Add eggs and baby food; stir until all ingredients are evenly moist.
- Batter will be very thick and heavy.
- Pour batter into cake pan.
- Bake approximately 40 minutes, or until cake pulls away from sides of pan.
- Cool completely, and then cut into birdie nibble-sized cubes.
- These freeze extremely well and will thaw fairly quickly.