Looking for full flavor with 1/2 the calories and fat? Here you go! This is a spicy, simple Cajun chicken, peppers and onions in a red sauce that is guilt free! (No kidding!).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed or chopped)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon cayenne (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (8 ounce) packages shirataki noodles
- 1Cut all the veggies into bite size pieces.
- 2Cut tenderloins into 1 inch pieces.
- 3In a heavy pan (I prefer my 18" cast iron skillet) heat pan and oil over medium high heat. Add onions and peppers and saute for a two minutes. Add the Cajun seasoning and pepper and saute for another minute or two. Add chicken and saute for about 5 minutes or until peppers and onions are soft and chicken is beginning to brown.
- 4Add garlic and stir until garlic is fragrant. Add crushed tomatoes and cayenne.
- 5Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for at least 25 minutes to ensure chicken has cooked through. Taste and add additional pepper/salt as needed.
- 6Cook Shiratake Noodles as directed.
- 7Combine sauce and noodles and serve! Viola!
Browse Our Top Cajun Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Cajun Chicken and *Pasta*
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.4
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 64.3 mg
- Sodium 232.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 26.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: