Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Only two ingredients in this recipe, devil's food cake mix and canned pumpkin. Sounds like it wouldn't be very good but it is! These cupcakes turn out moist and are surprisingly chocolatey tasting, you barely detect the pumpkin taste at all. And because there's no oil or eggs they are a healthy alternative to your typical cupcake. Make sure to use pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling! You could also add chocolate chips, nuts, etc. to pep these up a little.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Stir the cake mix and pumpkin together until well blended (batter will be thick).
- Put the mixture into 16 cupcake baking cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then allow them to cool.
I have made these to take to work as well as family events 00 everyone marvels and think that I spent lots of time and can't get over they are healthy. Quick and easy. delish