1/3 Photos of Healthy Buckwheat - Sugar, Dairy, Wheat Free Muffins
This is my own creation. I needed a muffin that was WHEAT, DAIRY & SUGAR FREE and that incorporated HEALTHY FATS, fruit, & nuts. DID YOU KNOW that Virgin Coconut Oil has no Trans-Fat and Promotes Heart Health and weight loss? DID YOU KNOW Buckwheat is a fruit seed and suitable for people sensitive to wheat or other grains? Add this to flaxseed which has an abundance of omega-3 and you have a very nutritious and good start to your day. Not to mention the nuts and apples! These have no added sugar or artificial sweeteners so the suggested spread of Coconut oil and Raw Honey makes a tasty and healthy final touch. (I used low fat almond milk which has zero grams of Trans Fat and Saturated Fat, but you can use any nut milk you like, this is also good with hazelnut milk or coconut milk-check labels for added sugar if you need less in your diet). I would love to hear of any alterations you have made that work! Thanks!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the first 5 dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- 2In a separate bowl with a fork gently beat the egg. Add the milk, apples, and coconut oil.
- 3Stir to moisten the wet ingredients into the dry. Do not over mix.
- 4Stir in the nuts. Spoon batter into lightly greased muffin pan, divide into of the 12 sections. Don't worry about filling the other 4 sections just leave empty.
- 5Bake at 350°F, for about 25 minutes or until done. Use a toothpick to test.
- 6When done, remove the muffins from the pan and put on a rack for 10 minutes then serve.
- 7While muffins are baking mix the coconut oil with the honey (you can use any honey you like). Coconut oil should be solid not melted, if your room is warm the coconut oil will not be solid. Put in the freezer or refrigerator for just a few minutes to create a solid oil if needed.
- 8Serve this tasty spread with warm muffins.
- 9Note: I use organic Extra Virgin Coconut oil that does not contain hexane for the most health benefits.
- 10WARNING! Honey is not for babies!
- 11Infants up to one year of age should not be fed raw honey.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Buckwheat - Sugar, Dairy, Wheat Free Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.6
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 259.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: