Recipe by Attainable Health
These brownies only have 1 tbsp of sugar! Most brownies have a cup or a cup and a half of sugar - it's the dates that make these brownies sweet and I've learned that chocolate and dates complement each other whereas chocolate and honey do not (you don't have to try my previous experiments lucky you! hehe). Plus they only have 1/2 stick of butter when most brownies call for twice that much or more. And did I mention these brownies are very chocolatey! And of course they are gluten-free!The texture I find is a true brownie texture which is hard to get with gluten free. Be careful not to overbake. I like to serve mine with homemade whipcream.
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 6 dates, pitted and finely diced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt chocolate chips with butter.
- In a blender blend eggs, diced dates, and vanilla.
- Pour blender contents into chocolate mix.
- Fold in cocoa, flour, and sugar.
- Add baking soda.
- Pour batter (it will be thick) into a greased square baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 18 minutes.