Recipe by dahlia
This recipe is adapted from "The Omega Diet," which is an excellent book on nutrition. These brownies don't taste "lowfat" or "healthy," yet they have essential fatty acids from the canola oil and walnuts. I have made these in an 8x8 pan, by simply cooking the brownies for a slightly shorter time. I usually use a little less than 1/2 c. of flour to make the brownies fudgier. Brownies without the guilt!
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose white flour (or a little less for more fudgy brownies)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a microwave-safe bowl, put butter, chocolate and oil.
- Melt in microwave (approx. 2 minutes on High); set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs as you gradually add sugar.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, including chocolate mixture.
- Spoon batter into 6x8-inch pan that has been lightly greased; bake at 325°F for 25 minutes or until done (center should be slightly soft).
- Let cool and cut into squares to serve.