This recipe is adapted from "The Omega Diet," which is an excellent book on nutrition. These brownies don't taste "lowfat" or "healthy," yet they have essential fatty acids from the canola oil and walnuts. I have made these in an 8x8 pan, by simply cooking the brownies for a slightly shorter time. I usually use a little less than 1/2 c. of flour to make the brownies fudgier. Brownies without the guilt!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a microwave-safe bowl, put butter, chocolate and oil.
- 2Melt in microwave (approx. 2 minutes on High); set aside.
- 3In medium bowl, beat eggs as you gradually add sugar.
- 4Stir in remaining ingredients, including chocolate mixture.
- 5Spoon batter into 6x8-inch pan that has been lightly greased; bake at 325°F for 25 minutes or until done (center should be slightly soft).
- 6Let cool and cut into squares to serve.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (481 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.2
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 40.3 mg
- Sodium 50.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 2.2 g