Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Made with real dark chocolate.
- 1 teaspoon oil, for preparing the pan
- 2 1⁄8 cups good-quality semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 cup organic unsalted butter, diced (2 sticks)
- 3 tablespoons fresh strong coffee
- 3⁄4 cup soft organic brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Oil an 8 x 11-inch baking pan.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Add sugar to the hot coffee, making sure it dissolves. Let it cool, then beat in the eggs.
- Combine the remaining ingredients together in a bowl. Add melted chocolate to the egg mixture and combine well. Fold into the dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into pan and bake in oven for about 45 minutes, or until just firm to the touch.
- Cut into squares and serve warm or room-temperature.