Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My version of glazed carrots. These are lightly flavored with brown sugar and mustard and are just as satisfying as heavier versions.
- 453.59 g baby carrots
- 36.97 ml light brown sugar
- 14.79 ml yellow mustard
- 29.58-44.37 ml water
- 10 spritzes zero calorie butter-flavored cooking spray
- Steam carrots until tender.
- In a separate saucepan heat brown sugar mustard and water until warm and dissolved.
- Drain carrots and place in bowl.
- Spritz with butter spray and toss.
- Pour glaze on top of carrots and toss again.
Really good! Only change was to use a little real butter, since I didn't have the spray stuff. This is a good, lightly flavored coating that the husband and I can agree on, since I don't like overly coated carrots, and my husband likes sweetened carrots. I served this with a broiled catfish from another site, and dressed up mac and cheese.