1/1 Photo of Healthy Brown Rice Krispies Treats
These are really tasty, although different from the usual marshmallow treats. They hold together very well, but remained a bit too sticky after cooling. Try keeping them in the refrigerator. I found this recipe at lalecheleague.org.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon light olive oil
- 1 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups dry natural brown crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup peanuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional) or 1/2 cup currants (optional)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened carob chips (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- 1Put oil in a large pot and heat.
- 2Add rice syrup and nut butter. Stir and heat until bubbles form.
- 3Turn off heat and add vanilla extract.
- 4Add cereal and mix well. Stir in any optional items and mix lightly.
- 5Put mixture into a 9 x 13 pan. With slightly wet hands, press mixture flat.
- 6Let set to room temperature. Slice and serve. Lasts a week in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Brown Rice Krispies Treats
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 36.5
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 59.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
brown rice syrup