Recipe by Mimma78
I was looking for a healthy soup to make and found it in the many millions of recipe books that my mum and I have accumulated over the years. Its quick and easy and healthy.
Directions See How It's Made
- Take the Philly cream cheese out of the fridge and allow to come to room temperature it will make stirring it in easier.
- Weigh the broccoli and cut into small even pieces, this cuts down the cooking time.
- Bring stock to the boil, add broccoli pieces and turn heat down to a rapid simmer.
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes depending on size of veggies, you may need to add a little bit more water during this stage.
- Add cream cheese a tablespoon at a time and stir through until completely dissolved, repeat this process until tub is empty.
- Simmer for a few more minutes to make sure everything is dissolved and the veggies are mushy then taste and season with salt and pepper and take it off the oven.
- Let the mixture cool for about an hour then blitz in food processor until smooth.
- Can be frozen in individual portions.