Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cruciferous vegetables, broccoli in this case, has been associated with lower incidence of breast cancer. This vegetable contains calcium, fiber and vitamins and minerals that are very beneficial for your health. This version adds a little bit of healthy oil from the almonds and less fat by using smart balance omega plus.
- 2 heads fresh broccoli
- 1 small red onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup Smart Balance Omega Plus
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Chop up broccoli into bite sizes.
- Mix broccoli, onions, almonds and mozzarella in large bowl.
- In separate bowl combine vinegar, sugar and mayo.
- Pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat.
- Let chill in the fridge for a few hours.