Recipe by spatchcock
Garlicky and nutty broccoli rabe. You can use normal broccoli if you wish, but broccoli rabe is more delicate and more suited for combination with pignoli, in my opnion.
Top Review by MTurner
I found this recipe after my husband decided (today)in the grocery store that he wanted to try broccoli rabe. Sure, I said, without a clue how to cook it. This recipe is simple and tasty!
- 6 cups broccoli rabe, rinsed and large stems removed (about 2 bunches)
- 1⁄2 ounce pine nuts, about 2 tbsp, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In large stockpot, boil water.
- Add broccoli rabe and blanch 2 minutes.
- In large skillet, heat oil.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add broccoli rabe and cook 4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pine nuts.
- Toss and serve.
- Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.