Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Garlicky and nutty broccoli rabe. You can use normal broccoli if you wish, but broccoli rabe is more delicate and more suited for combination with pignoli, in my opnion.
- 6 cups broccoli rabe, rinsed and large stems removed (about 2 bunches)
- 1⁄2 ounce pine nuts, about 2 tbsp, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt, to taste
- In large stockpot, boil water.
- Add broccoli rabe and blanch 2 minutes.
- In large skillet, heat oil.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add broccoli rabe and cook 4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pine nuts.
- Toss and serve.
- Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.
I found this recipe after my husband decided (today)in the grocery store that he wanted to try broccoli rabe. Sure, I said, without a clue how to cook it. This recipe is simple and tasty!
Yummy! This recipe is simple & the result is tender and delicious. Now my husband is a fan of this healthy vegetable--he'd always found it to be bitter. This will definitely become a regular side dish at our table.
Very good! Be careful to watch the pignoli when toasting (I over-did the first batch). I added some red pepper flake and a bit more black pepper. After tossing all finished ingredients I felt it needed a dash more olive oil.