- 500 g broccoli florets
- 500 g potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups water
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil broccoli and potatoes in a large pan until tender, for about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain and reserve a little cooking liquid.
- Coarsely mash veggies, adding some reserved cooking liquid if mixture seems dry.
- Stir in nutmeg, half of the parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- In a shallow baking dish, spread vegetable mixture.
- Sprinle with remaining parmesan and bake it at 180 C (350 F) for 15-20 minutes or till the Parmesan is browned.