Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Eating Well Magazine - May/June 2009
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, rinsed & chopped
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- Whisk garlic, mayo, sour cream, vinegar and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl and pour dressing on top, season with pepper to taste and mix well.
I doubled the recipe for a family gathering. I did make 2 sub's and one mit though. Sub's garlic-whitewine vinegar(didn't have any cider vinegar handy) and tasted crushed almonds instead of water chestnut and omit'd the cranberries. Everyone really enjoyed it but said it needed some red onion next time. WE COULD'VE EATEN THE DRESSING ON ITS OWN!!! Yum! Will make this again1