Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a fast and simple but delicious and healthy breakfast that I have a few times a week. I hard-boil the eggs the night before. Prep time does not include boiling eggs.
- 2 whole wheat pita bread or 4 slices multi-grain bread
- 1 avocado, lightly mashed
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (thinly sliced, whites only, save the yolks for another use)
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons salsa (optional)
- Cut pitas in half and slit open to form a pocket, then toast (or toast slices of bread).
- Spread 1/4 of the mashed avocado inside of each pita half or on each bread slice.
- Top with sliced egg white, salt and pepper, and salsa if desired.
This was so delicious! I used a quite large avocado and added an extra 2 tablespoons of salsa! Excellent recipe!