Recipe by Darrinw2001
A mixture of Mexican, Italian, and Greek! Low in fat and a good mix of carbs and protein.
Top Review by morgainegeiser
This was quite good, I really liked the flavors. The only thing I might do differently is simply use 4 eggs instead of the 3 egg whites. I think it would have tasted even better. Will make again, as it is quick and easy. thanks
- 1 whole egg
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon skim milk
- 2 tablespoons salsa, divided
- 1⁄8 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄8 cup onion, chopped
- 1 whole wheat pita bread
- 1 slice low-fat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In small mixing bowl, add eggs and milk. beat until mixed well.
- Add 1 tbsp of the salsa and blend well.
- Coat a small skillet with cooking spray and add green peppers and onions.
- Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes until soft, add eggs and cook until firm.
- Place pita on a plate and spoon eggs on top.
- add slice of cheese, and spoon the remaining salsa on top.
- Microwave for 30 seconds; remove and enjoy!