This muesli came about after I made a lifestyle change to eat healthier. I needed a good breakfast cereal free of added sugars and preservatives but was also fulfilling (but still tasted yum!)...and i think i satisfied my need! I've provided a base recipe along with other ingredients you could add so you can customise to suit your tastes. Super easy to put together aswell! The number of serves is only guess, but i can tell you it makes a lot!
- 1 kg rolled oats
- 500 g rolled rye meal (if unavailable just use more rolled oats or barley flakes)
- 150 g puffed rice cereal (if possible try to get one without all the added sugars and stuff, i.e don't buy 'Rice Bubbles'!)
- 1 cup buckwheat groats, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (i.e hazelnuts, almonds, cashews, etc)
- 1 -2 cup chopped dried fruits (i.e apple, pear, pineapple, apricots, paw paw, etc)
- 2 cups sultanas
- 1⁄2 cup craisins (optional)
- 2 cups oat bran (optional)
- 2 cups wheat germ (optional)
- 1 cup dried bran sticks (optional)
- 1 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl (along with any of the optionals, if using) and mix well.
- Store in air tight containers.