Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a healthy, filling breakfast dish that will keep you going strong until lunch.
Make and share this Healthy Breakfast Hash recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs small white potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1 inch dice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bell peppers, preferably red or yellow,chopped (2 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 8 small vegetarian sausages (I love Yves brand Veggie Breakfast Links)
- 4 ounces fresh Baby Spinach, coarsely chopped
- dried chipotle powder (optional)
- In a large pot, cook potatoes until almost tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- In a very large heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, and cook, stirring often, until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, and cook, stirring occasionally until crispy and brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, bell peppers, rosemary and"sausage.
- "Cook, stirring until peppers soften, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, and cook until the spinach wilts down.
- Salt and pepper to taste, add chipotle powder if desired.
- Serve hot.