Miss Annie's Note:
This is a healthy, filling breakfast dish that will keep you going strong until lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs small white potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1 inch dice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bell peppers, preferably red or yellow,chopped (2 cups)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 8 small vegetarian sausages (I love Yves brand Veggie Breakfast Links)
- 4 ounces fresh Baby Spinach, coarsely chopped
- dried chipotle powder (optional)
- 1In a large pot, cook potatoes until almost tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- 2Drain and cool.
- 3In a very large heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 4Add onion, and cook, stirring often, until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add potatoes, and cook, stirring occasionally until crispy and brown, about 10 minutes.
- 6Add garlic, bell peppers, rosemary and"sausage.
- 7"Cook, stirring until peppers soften, about 10 minutes.
- 8Stir in spinach, and cook until the spinach wilts down.
- 9Salt and pepper to taste, add chipotle powder if desired.
- 10Serve hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Breakfast Hash
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.1
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 483.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 15.5 g