Recipe by Miss Annie
This is a healthy, filling breakfast dish that will keep you going strong until lunch.
Top Review by Sharon123
Ooooh, Miss Annie, this was soooo goood! The presentation was lovely to look at, with the red peppers and green spinach and the rosemary gave it such a wonderful smell and taste! I didn't have veg. sausages, so I substituted veg. bacon, cut up. I will be making this again! This would be good to serve to company! Thanks so much for posting!
- 2 lbs small white potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1 inch dice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bell peppers, preferably red or yellow,chopped (2 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 8 small vegetarian sausages (I love Yves brand Veggie Breakfast Links)
- 4 ounces fresh Baby Spinach, coarsely chopped
- dried chipotle powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, cook potatoes until almost tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- In a very large heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, and cook, stirring often, until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, and cook, stirring occasionally until crispy and brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, bell peppers, rosemary and"sausage.
- "Cook, stirring until peppers soften, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, and cook until the spinach wilts down.
- Salt and pepper to taste, add chipotle powder if desired.
- Serve hot.