Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
Homemade breakfast bars full of goodness. Of course you can vary the fruit/chocolate chips etc..etc.. that you add.
Top Review by Pamplemoussee
This was delicious. I used butter instead of margarine which probably added a lot more fat then necessary.. but these are for my brother who needs the extra calories. Easy, fast, and tasty.
- 2 cups rolled oats (you can use flavoured oats)
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (of your choice)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips or 1⁄2 cup dried fruit
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 80 g low-fat margarine
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix oats, flour, coconut, nuts, chocolate chips or fruit together in a bowl.
- Heat honey and low fat margarine in a saucepan or in the microwave until spread is melted and mixture combines when stirred.
- Allow to cool slightly and whisk in egg.
- Pour liquid into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Line tray with baking paper and spread mixture out to about 2cm.
- Bake in 180 Degrees C oven for 25 minutes.
- Cut into 8-10 pieces whilst still warm, then transfer to airtight container to store.