Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
wanted a cookie for my kids less the two cups of sugar and butter. they keep well at room temp air tight container all week for a easy school day breakfast. i always make a double batch, split it in half for two different flavors. the recipe is really forgiving so play around with it.
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt (or sour cream, or reg yogurt)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (room temp)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (more or less)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce (or crushed pineapple or canned pumpkin sweet potato, etc)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- cinnamon & nutmeg
- 2 1⁄2 cups oats (i use a mix of quick and old fashioned)
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruit (or frozen berries)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (rough chopp)
- preheat oven to 350.
- with a hand blender in a large bowl mix yogurt, butter sugar, and eggs add vanilla and apple sauce mix till blended.
- put flours, baking powder, soda,and spices in bowl on top of wet mixture stir the dry together a bit before mixing all together.
- add oats one cup at a time (mix will be thick).
- add fruit and nuts. be creative! (our favorite is fig choc chip, blueberry almond, cherry choc chip, cran walnut, cran coconut with pineapple).
- scoop 1/2 mix onto greased cookie sheets.
- bake 20 to 30 minute time is aprox i just watch till dry and browning. (i usually flip for last ten mins to prevent over browning on the bottoms.).