This is an easy, and incredibly nutritious recipe that you can quickly throw together the night before to have for breakfast the following morning. My brother loves them and was my inspiration when I perfected this yummy cookie recipe. If there's a lot of old or stale cereal left in your pantry, this is an easy way to use it up! Again, I use a lot of applesauce in place of butter or oil. Enjoy!
- Blend together margarine, applesauce and sugars.
- Add vanilla and eggs; beat well.
- Combine flour, baking soda/powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Combine flour mixture and wet mixture until just combined.
- Crush cereal well, then mix that into the rest of the dough. I usually put my cereal in one of those heavy duty gallon sized ziplock bags and stomp all over it!
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown!
MMM...sounds yummy. I wonder if could use oatmeal instead of cereal? Im gona this with a few minor adjustments. Ill keep ya posted.
Why add Splenda to healthy whole food ingredients? A step in the wrong direction.
I made these for Cam using some cereal in the pantry, as well as your Vanilla Granola. Great cookies! Made for Spring PAC 2010