Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This healthy breadless breakfast casserole comes from Betterhomes&gardens.com
- 1 lb tiny whole new potato, cut ioto 1/4-inch slices
- 1⁄3 cup leek, thinly sliced
- nonstick cooking spray, coating
- 3⁄4 cup lower fat and low-sodium ham, chopped
- 3 ounces lowfat swiss cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1 1⁄4 cups nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, snipped or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, cruched
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan cook sliced potatoes in a small amount of lightly salted boiling water, about 10 minutes or until just tender,adding leeks during the last 5 minutes of cooking; drain potato and leek mixture.
- Spray a 2 quart rectangular baking dish with the non-stick coating; layer the cooked potatoes and leeks in the bottom of the dish; sprinkle the ham and Swiss cheese over potatoes.
- In a medium bowl add the milk and stir in the 1 tablespoon of flour until smooth: add the egg substitute, thyme, and pepper ,mix well; pour egg mixture over the potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degrees oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean; Serve immediately.