Healthy Breakfast Burritos
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- In a non-stick pan, sauté the red pepper and onion until they turn light brown.
- Add the tofu and turmeric (the spice will give the tofu a yellow color).
- Break up the tofu cubes by crushing with a fork, and cook for about 40 seconds, or until there is no moisture remaining.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook the black beans according to the directions, and spoon a portion onto each plate.
- Arrange the tortillas on your work surface.
- Into each, spoon 1/4 of the onion, red pepper and tofu mixture.
- Fold the tortilla sides over the filling, and roll them up.
- Cut each burrito in half, and place two halves on each plate.
- Spoon 1/4 of the diced tomato, salsa and grated cheddar cheese over each burrito, and top with 1 tablespoon of fat-free sour cream.
- If desired, serve with one link of turkey sausage per burrito.