My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons red peppers, chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) packages soft tofu, drained and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (a pungent, yellow-orange spice)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cooked black beans
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup fat-free cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tomato, diced
- 4 tablespoons salsa
- 4 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1In a non-stick pan, sauté the red pepper and onion until they turn light brown.
- 2Add the tofu and turmeric (the spice will give the tofu a yellow color).
- 3Break up the tofu cubes by crushing with a fork, and cook for about 40 seconds, or until there is no moisture remaining.
- 4Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- 5Cook the black beans according to the directions, and spoon a portion onto each plate.
- 6Arrange the tortillas on your work surface.
- 7Into each, spoon 1/4 of the onion, red pepper and tofu mixture.
- 8Fold the tortilla sides over the filling, and roll them up.
- 9Cut each burrito in half, and place two halves on each plate.
- 10Spoon 1/4 of the diced tomato, salsa and grated cheddar cheese over each burrito, and top with 1 tablespoon of fat-free sour cream.
- 11If desired, serve with one link of turkey sausage per burrito.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Breakfast Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.7
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 464.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 27.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free cheddar cheese