1/1 Photo of Healthy Breakfast Bars -- My Way!
1 hr 30 mins
A moist (adult) breakfast bar chocked full of fruit, chocolate chips, and nuts -- Inspired by Everything Breakfast Bar Vii -- If you don't like raisins, feel free to try them with dried cranberries, dried cherries, dried apricots, chopped dates and/or coconut instead! Makes two 13 x 9 Pyrex pans baked at 325F degrees for 30 minutes -- makes 50 squares total . Wrapped individually, bars stay fresh for two weeks -- or freeze them for a Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) adventure! NOTE: For more kid-friendly bars, use apple juice instead of Scotch Whiskey! :)
My Private Note
13 x 9 ...
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins, do not drain (soaked till plump at least 30 minutes ~ SEE Scotch whiskey, or juice in WET INGREDIENTS below!)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts (TOASTED dry in an iron skillet)
- 1Grease two 9" x 13" Pyrex pans.
- 2Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 3Combine scotch whiskey (or apple juice), vanilla, and RAISINS, in a microwave bowl ~ microwave for 1 minute and soak till plump (about 30 minutes) ~ do not drain!
- 4Combine dry ingredients (except raisins) in large bowl, stirring well.
- 5Combine remaining wet ingredients in a large bowl, or an 8 cup measure. Whisk thoroughly for a uniform, lump-free mixture.
- 6Pour wet ingredients, including undrained raisins, into dry ingredients. Stir well.
- 7Pour into greased pans and bake for 30 minutes at 325 degrees. (Bake pans one at a time, or together side by side on the same rack ~ rotate pans after 20 minutes.).
- 8Cool completely and cut each pan into 25 squares ~ I cut mine with a pizza cutter! Wrap individually in plastic wrap ~ bars stay fresh and moist for two weeks! Freeze after wrapping individually, if desired, for a once a month cooking (OAMC) breakfast adventure!
- 9NOTE: Dried cranberries, cherries, apricots, dates, and/or coconut (or a combination) can be substituted for the raisins to make a different bar.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Breakfast Bars -- My Way!
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.6
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 18.2 mg
- Sodium 153.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 3.7 g