Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I hate eating breakfast and rarely have time as I am always rushing. These are perfect for taking to work with me to eat mid-morning and they are healthy too!
- 6 ounces unsalted butter
- 4 ounces soft brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons clear honey
- 12 ounces porridge oats
- 2 ounces sultanas
- 2 ounces sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 3 ounces dried apricots
- 2 ripe bananas
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Grease a 9x12x2in baking tin with butter and line with baking parchment.
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, sugar and honey and heat gently until melted, stirring from time to time. Simmer gently for 30 seconds then remove from the heat.
- Place the oats in a large bowl, add the sultanas, almonds, cinnamon and seeds (if using). Chop the apricots into 1/2in pieces and add to the bowl. Mix well.
- Mash the bananas and mix into the butter and honey mixture. Pour into the oats and mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Tip into the prepared baking tin and press down into an even layer.
- Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 30-35 mins until golden.
- Cool in the tin and then cut into bars.