Recipe by Tarynne
This was response for a request for bran muffins using bran, not bran cereal. I have not tried this, but it does sound good
Top Review by waynejohn1234
I have to agree that these are a bit dry but that can be fixed. If you use buttermilk plus 1 tsp. of baking powder and 1 tsp. of baking soda you will see a difference. Hope this helps.
- 2 1⁄4 cups wheat bran
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey, to taste
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts or 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl combine the bran, milk, eggs, oil and honey.
- In a second bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients.
- Add the dry mixture to the liquid and mix thoroughly.
- Fill oiled muffin tins.
- Bake in 350 F degree oven for 30 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned.
- Cool on a rack.
- When thoroughly cooled, store covered in refrigerator or freezer.