Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
love scones finally found a good low cal recipe
Make and share this Healthy Blueberry Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter substitute
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or two knives until it resembles a coarse crumbs.
- Add egg, buttermilk and vanilla. Stir with a fork until a dough forms. Fold in blueberries. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Yield 24 small scones.
Wonderful, homey and delicious! I used turbinado sugar in these. They are not overly sweet, just a pleasant and subtle sweetness. I made 12 scones and calculated the calories to be about 160 each with the larger size and butter counted, assuming food.com's nutrition facts are accurate (?) These would take nicely to a light lemon glaze over the top, too. I will keep this easy recipe handy in the future!
Tender, delicious and half wholegrain! Will definitely make again. I used frozen blueberries that I partly thawed, and I added a tsp or so of lemon extract to boost the flavor. Will definitely make these again.