Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I make these as breakfast cookies to take to work for my co workers, you can substitute any berries just adjust the amount of splenda accordingly. They are best eaten the day they are made, but can be frozen up to 1 month.
- 1 omega- 3 egg
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup wheat bran
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup fresh wild blueberries or 3⁄4 cup frozen wild blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg, splenda, milk and oil.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, oats, wheat bran, poppy seeds, baking powder, lemon zest, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until combined.
- Gently stir in blueberries.
- Drop batter in 8 mounds onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until firm and golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove to rack and let cool.
Very good muffin-like cookie! I used regular sugar, but that was the only change. Very good in the morning with coffee. I would like to experiment with different spices and different fruits. Yum! Thanks for a quick healthy breakfast idea!