1/1 Photo of Healthy Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins
This recipe was found on the Rogers Oat Bran package. I'm putting it on zaar so I won't lose it. I haven't made it yet. Oat bran and wheat bran are very good for you. UPDATE. Apr 8. I finally got around to making these. These are not a sweet muffin. I added 1/2 cup brown sugar instead of white. If you want a sweeter muffin increase the sugar. I used about 2 cups frozen blueberries as I like like a lot. I made 6 giant muffins and baked for 32 min.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°. Makes 12 muffins.
- 2Add buttermilk to oat bran and let stand.
- 3In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- 4In large bowl beat vegetable oil, egg, sugar and vanilla together.
- 5Add buttermilk-bran mixture to liquids and stir well.
- 6Add dry ingredients all at once and stir until ingredients are just blended.
- 7Gently stir in blueberries.
- 8Spoon into prepared muffins tins. Either paper lined or greased.
- 9Bake 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden.
- 10NOTE--1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice with milk added to make 1 1/2 cups may be substituted.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.9
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 18.8 mg
- Sodium 270.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 5.0 g