Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I started with Nigella's Blueberry Muffin Recipe from "How To Be A Domestic Goddess" and re-vamped it to make it much healthier - but still delicious!
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 orange, zest of
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk wet ingredients in a separate smaller bowl.
- Pour wet into dry and combine - but do not over work.
- Add the orange zest.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into greased 12-muffin pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
The muffins were delightfully moist. As my DH opined, however, the heavy wheat taste seemed to overwhelm the lovely blueberry flavor.
Really good! The orange peel gives it a wonderful flavor. The only thing I do differently is to use 1 cup of whole wheat flour and 1/3 cup of white flour. Thanks for the makeover recipe it's great!!