Chris from Kansas's Note:
Delicious blueberry pancakes with the unique texture that cornmeal adds. A great new breakfast recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal or 1 cup white cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, separated, plus
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 cups unsweetened frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1In a small bowl, stir together the flour, cornmeal, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg yolks and sugar, set aside.
- 3In another large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- 4Add the dry ingredients to the buttermilk mixture and stir until blended, then gently fold in the egg whites.
- 5Stir in the blueberries.
- 6Heat 1/2 teaspoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 7Using 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, make 4 pancakes, cooking them about 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 8Make 5 more batches of pancakes in the same fasion, adding 1/2 teaspoons of oil to the skillet before cooking each batch.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Blueberry Cornmeal Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.5
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 74.1 mg
- Sodium 540.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 10.4 g