Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A healthy alternative to the classic muffin and a great way to start of your morning!
- 236.59 ml flour
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml wheat germ
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml nutmeg, ground
- 1 medium banana
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 59.14 ml applesauce
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl combine flours, wheat germ, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, stirring well.
- In a small bowl mash banana and add remaining ingredients except blueberries. Whisk until well blended. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- Pour the banana mixture into the well and stir just till moist. Mixture will be lumpy.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into muffin tins and bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
This is a good muffin recipe. I made two batches... one strawberry banana (with strawberries instead of blueberries) and the other blueberry banana and walnut. The strawberry was better. I think because it added more liquid than the blueberry. (The strawberries I used were frozen and thawed, resulting in wet strawberries..). The blueberry was good as well.
I made this using frozen blueberries and it was really nice and I felt like we were having a no guilt treat! Getting ready to make another batch tonight to start the week of right!