Recipe by Shiraz
I came up with this recipe when I had a lot of bananas and fresh blueberries to use up. I didn't want to make my usual fattening blueberry muffins or banana bread, so I experimented and came up with this instead. We thought it was pretty good for being low in fat!
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 12.32 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml oats
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 3 mashed very ripe bananas (approximately 1 cup)
- 236.59 ml fresh blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together dry ingredients until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, applesauce, and bananas.
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture, and then add blueberries.
- Stir carefully (the blueberries crush easily).
- Bake in a greased loaf pan for approximately one hour at 350°F.
- Bread is done when a toothpick comes out clean.