I came up with this recipe when I had a lot of bananas and fresh blueberries to use up. I didn't want to make my usual fattening blueberry muffins or banana bread, so I experimented and came up with this instead. We thought it was pretty good for being low in fat!
- Mix together dry ingredients until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, applesauce, and bananas.
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture, and then add blueberries.
- Stir carefully (the blueberries crush easily).
- Bake in a greased loaf pan for approximately one hour at 350°F.
- Bread is done when a toothpick comes out clean.
Pretty good when I made it. I definitely thought it would be sweeter, but it really grows on you. I found myself eating several pieces a day
My husband and I enjoyed this bread a lot - the blueberries really make it a nice change from regular banana bread. I substituted whole wheat flour for all-purpose flour and it was great and even more healthy! Thanks for sharing!
This tastes wonderful! I modified it slightly to using 2 bananas (that was all I had at home), replaced the sugar with bakeable Stevia (a zero calorie natural sweetener) and used 1 cup whole wheat flour with 1/2 cup all purpose flour. The bread had a great texture and the blueberries definitely spiced things up!