Recipe by blucoat
This easy and delicious recipe is a slightly modified version of one I found in Bon Appétit Magazine (August 2005). For an added touch, sprinkle some raw sugar on top just before baking.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar or 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup oat bran or 1⁄4 cup wheat bran or 1⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 3)
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup buttermilk or 1⁄2 cup unflavored soymilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries (6 to 7 ounces) or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries, unthawed (6 to 7 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, oat bran, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl; whisk to blend.
- Place mashed bananas in large bowl. Stir in milk, egg, oil, vanilla and lemon juice. Mix in dry ingredients, then blueberries.
- Divide batter among muffin papers. Bake muffins until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Turn muffins out onto rack and cool 10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.