1/2 Photos of Healthy Blueberry and Banana Cake
1 hr 5 mins
This is based on another recipe which I modified for our taste. It's very moist with a great banana flavour (as long as you use really overripe ones). Because there is not a lot of sugar, most of the sweetness comes from the bananas; it is not intended to be an overly sweet cake so please don't give this recipe a poor review simply because you are expecting it to be sweeter. Having said that, it still makes a really nice afternoon tea while being quite low in saturated fat for a cake and full of fruit. You can try adding more sugar if you like but of course then it won't be as healthy. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 180°C Line the bottom of a 20cm deep round cake pan with baking paper, then grease it.
- 2Mash bananas with a fork.
- 3Sift baking powder and flour into a bowl and then stir in the sugar.
- 4Mix the oil (or butter, if using), milk, bananas and eggs in another bowl, then mix with the flour-sugar mixture.
- 5Pour half of the batter into the cake pan, spinkle half the blueberries over the top, then top with the rest of the batter.
- 6Decorate the cake with the remaining blueberries and then bake in the oven for 50-55 minutes.
- 7Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then gently turn out onto a rack to finish cooling.
- 8Serve with sweetened cream or ice cream for a yummy afternoon tea!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Blueberry and Banana Cake
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.4
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 47.0 mg
- Sodium 467.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 5.6 g