Recipe by velorutionista
An eye popping alternative to your average yellow corn muffins! Blue corn has a sweeter, nuttier taste, as well as great color. I use yogurt and lowfat buttermilk in these to give them a slight tang (and to cut down on the fat content for the health-conscious), which is a nice counterpoint to the sweet corn flavor. These are fairly crumbly, but they're great with chili, salsa-poached eggs, or just on their own!
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 cups blue cornmeal (finely ground)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk till well mixed.
- Combine wet ingredients in a measuring cup; whisk till well mixed. Add to dry ingredients.
- Scoop into greased muffin tins (a scant 1/4 cup each).
- Bake at 400 deg. F. for 12-15 minutes, till done.