Recipe by Fazimoto
A healthy, flavorful variation of black bean soup which is great with tortilla chips on the side. I found it at http://www.cookingwithtraderjoes.com/Sample_Recipe_1.html
Top Review by *Parsley*
This soup is easy, filling, and healthy; what's not to love? I do recommend using a good-quality salsa for this (like the fresh refrigerated salsa). It's a very flexible recipe as well. If you want it hotter, just add cayenne or chili powder along with the cumin. This makes a great hot lunch. Thanx!
- 473.18 ml diced onions (or 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped)
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 2 (850.48 g) can black beans (do not drain)
- 236.59 ml chunky salsa
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 158.51 ml plain yogurt or 158.51 ml sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium pot, sauté onions in olive oil until they are soft and translucent.
- Sprinkle in cumin and garlic and sauté for a minute; pour in black beans (including juices), salsa, and lime. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Ladle soup into individual bowls and top with a dollop of yogurt. Chili and Lime Tortilla Chips or other white corn tortilla chips go nicely on the side.