- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 large red bell pepper, slivered
- 1⁄2 large green bell pepper, slivered
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In large sauce pan, saute bell peppers in olive oil until slightly tender.
- Add beans, broth, water, cumin, oregano, pepper, and ground red pepper. Bring to boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring once or twice, for 15 minutes.
- Ladle half of the soup into a food processor or blender and puree.
- Return puree to the pan and add lemon peel.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top each serving w/ peppers.