Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yummy fibre rich salad with easy to make dressing! Fantastic tasting
Make and share this Healthy Black Bean Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (540 ml) can black beans
- 1 (398 ml) canniblet corn
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1⁄4 chopped purple onion
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot red pepper jelly
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- Drain beans and corn, mix together with peppers, onion, cranberries, sunflower seeds, cilantro and cucumber.
- Just before serving whisk together vinegar, jelly, mustard and oil and mix into salad. This is delicious the first day and for several days after!
This recipe is delicious! I especially like the flavor from the red pepper jelly. I had to make a couple of changes and I apologize for that. This recipe would be great as written. First, my peppers were rather small so I added a bit of celery. Then, when I cut open my purple onion, it was spoiled. I substituted a regular cooking onion which worked out fine but I will use a purple onion next time. Made for Spring 2013 PAC.