Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
My sister in law is forced to make this yummy pizza for everyone. Luckily she shared the recipe with me and I am sharing it with you. It is fairly easy to make and tastes delicious topped with all your favorite toppings. If you don't like whole beans, I have also used the refried black beans.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- black beans, rinsed and drained
- cilantro (optional)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- green onion
- bell pepper
- black olives
- sour cream
- In a small bowl combine yeast, sugar, and luk-warm water, let it dissolve until it has a bit of foam on the top.
- In another bowl, mix flour and salt. Make a well in the middle.
- Pour the yeast mixture into the center of the well and add 1 teaspoons olive oil.
- Knead dough on a floured surface and set aside.
- Sautee onions and garlic in olive oil for 1-2 minutes.
- Add salsa, beans, and cilantro, and simmer.
- Grease cookie sheet, and press dough out to the sides.
- Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown.
- Add bean mixture and shredded cheddar.
- Bake until cheese is melted.
- Eat it as is or top it with your favorite toppings.