Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This one-dish chicken is colorful, flavorful, and HEALTHY. Great served alone with extra bean mixture as a side, or served over rice.
- 2 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can rotel, undrained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and 1 t of cumin.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high, add chicken and cook until browned (about 5 minutes per side).
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add black beans, corn, Rotel, tomato paste and 1 T cumin to the pan.
- Stir well, heat until bubbly then return chicken to the pan, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and cook 2 minutes more.
i cut the breast in chunks, used hot rotel, added 2 cans of beans and ommitted the cilantro because I didn't have any. I would have given it 5 stars, but there is too much cumin for my taste. Super delicious tho!
It was good but wasn't great. I used regular diced tomatoes and didn't use cilantro because I didn't have any...maybe that's why it didn't turn out as good as expected. I may try again, following the recipe exactly. If I do I'll update my review.
Thank you for sharing a really yummy, healthy, filling meal! I will probably double up on the black beans next time, and I cut the chicken up into chunks instead of cooking the breasts as a whole. I served it over brown rice. Yum!