Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's a Bisquick (Biscuit) Recipe that only uses healthy ingredients!
- 4 cups whole wheat flour (freshly ground)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder (non-aluminum)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sea salt
- 3⁄4 cup powdered milk (organic)
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1⁄2 cup safflower oil
- 1. Combine dry ingredients well in a large bowl.
- 2. Rub in the oil with fingers to make fine crumbs.
- 3. Store in a large ziplock bag in the refrigerator. Makes 5 1/2 cups.
- See may other recipes that use this biquick mix:.
- Impossible Taco Pie.
- Impossible Quiche.
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie.
This is a great alternative to the yellow box stuff! :) I made the pancake recipe on the box, using this instead and they were great. I don't use a lot of the yellow-box stuff, and it ends up going outdated, so this is great to be able to make as much as I need. I don't grind my own flour, so used whole-wheat pastry flour from Bob's Red Mill company. Made for Spring 2010 PAC.
Made this up the other day & immediately made a batch of biscuits with it ~ So very nice tasting, they were! And, within another day or two I'll be making pancakes with it as well! So easy to make this recipe & nice to feel so willing to make things with it rather than worrying about how long it'll last in the box that mikekey was talking about! Thanks for a wonderful keeper recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef event]