1/2 Photos of Healthy Biscotti
1 hr 3 mins
Geniale Genie's Note:
These are very versatile, feel free to mix and match flavours. Here are a few ideas: coffee liqueur/hazelnut/dark chocolate chips, cranberry/orange/pistachio, orange/walnut, date/hazelnut, pineapple/coconut, vanilla/white chocolate chips/Macadamia nuts, etc. etc. Cooling time is included in cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 1/4-1/2 cup sugar (depending on chosen flavours and personal taste)
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1 cup slivered almonds, broken up
- 1Blend oil and sugar. Mix in extracts, lemon juice and zest; add eggs. Beat until creamy and light.
- 2Combine flour, salt, and baking powder; gradually stir into liquids.
- 3Work in cherries and nuts by hand.
- 4Preheat oven to 300°F.
- 5On a lined baking sheet, form dough into two logs (12 x 2 in) - if dough is too sticky, wet hands with cold water.
- 6Bake 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool or 10 minutes.
- 7Reduce oven to 275°F.
- 8Cut logs diagonally into 3/4-inch think slices; lay on their sides on same baking sheet. Return to oven another 8-10 minutes, or until dry.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (547 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.4
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.3 mg
- Sodium 30.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: