Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I adapted Berry-Smash Muffins (Strawberry Muffins) to make a healthier version of this muffin. Do not overbake or your muffin will be dry. May try baking at a lower temp to see if it provides a more moist muffin.
- 395.10 ml fresh strawberries, sliced
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 4 g stevia, - 4 packets of truvia
- 78.07 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour, processed in coffee grinder until fine
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml vanilla
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Put a paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups, or grease just the bottoms of 12 muffin cups.
- Slightly smash strawberries in large bowl, using fork.
- Stir in sugars, applesauce, vanilla, and eggs until mixed.
- Stir in other ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake 15 or until light golden brown or toothpick poked in center comes out clean. Do not overbake.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Loosen sides of muffins from pan if needed, and take them out of the pan.