Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I adapted Berry-Smash Muffins (Strawberry Muffins) to make a healthier version of this muffin. Do not overbake or your muffin will be dry. May try baking at a lower temp to see if it provides a more moist muffin.
- 1 2⁄3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 g stevia, - 4 packets of truvia
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, processed in coffee grinder until fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Put a paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups, or grease just the bottoms of 12 muffin cups.
- Slightly smash strawberries in large bowl, using fork.
- Stir in sugars, applesauce, vanilla, and eggs until mixed.
- Stir in other ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake 15 or until light golden brown or toothpick poked in center comes out clean. Do not overbake.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Loosen sides of muffins from pan if needed, and take them out of the pan.