Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very versatile, you can use all kinds of fruits and yogurt. I suggest not using paper liner for these muffins since they are very soft and they will stick to the liner; spray the muffin tins and they will pop right out. Hope you enjoy them!
- 1 cup oats
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 100 g low-fat berry yogurt (or one small container)
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup frozen mixed berries (or fresh)
- Mix oats, sour cream and yogurt and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Sift and mix together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add in egg and brown sugar to oats mixture.
- Incorporate dry ingredients to oats mixutre.
- Mix in berries.
- Fill greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes for large muffins or 15 minutes for mini muffins.
- (makes about 9 large muffins or 12 mini muffins).
I substituted the sour cream for greek yogurt, but they turned out too doughy and only moist with a mouthful of berries.. Not my favourite recipe.
Very moist and not too sweet. I used a combo of blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and strawberries and a mixed berry yougurt. They were great and the fact that they are healthy is even better! I cooked mine for 23 minutes and they were perfect. Made for PAC Fall 2011.